Insert & Plastic Molding
Royal Power Solutions is a leader in insert - also known as over molding - thanks to our Cavity Centering Technology (CCT).
CCT is a simple way to constrain the busbar to the center of the mold cavity during the injection molding. This prevents high scrap rates or marginally passing Hi Pot™ parts to escape our plant. An unsupported busbar is significantly impacted by the injection molding melt front as the plastic fills the cavity. Depending on several factors, the plastic may fill top or bottomed influenced because the busbar is not stable.
One of our many specialties is insert and injection molding and in-mold assembly. We operate in-house, high-speed metal stamping and insert-injection molding. Machining units in this department exert a clamping force ranging from 30 to 310 tons with a varied number of cavities while employing tight tolerances.
Busbar Technology Advantages
- Robust Vibration Resistance
- Proprietary “Cavity Centering” Molding is there a patent on this process?
- 6k Volt Isolation Properties
How Cavity Centering Technology Works
- Spring loaded pins constrain the busbar to the center of the cavity.
- As plastic fills the cavity, it follows the path of least resistance.
- As the cavity fills, and pressure increases, the pins are forced outward allowing plastic to completely encapsulate the busbar. Molding pressure pushes pins to finish position
Capabilities & Services
- Seven (7) Horizontal Molding machines
- Integrated ERP system (PLEX)
- eDart Processing Technology
- Millions of parts produced
- International Production Capacity (Mexico)